I’m new in the blogosphere, as it is correctly said in social media language and as you can see. 8 hours after applying for the first campaign of Blogal Initiative, I find myself confused. When I’m in this confused.com situation, I always take a piece of paper and I’m writing pros and cons.
- last semester, we made a Public Relations for Banking seminar with one of the well-known PR specialists in the domain
- I was an intern for a month in a Public Relations firm and I worked in the B2B department (banking, insurance, IT,investors, stock market, etc.)
- I have an experience regarding banking services and products
- I like and support new initiatives, especially if these are public free
- this project seems to be a good one
- I love love love to be creative.
- I don’t really like banking stuff
- It’s complicated to translate it into English (in Romanian I also have problems to understand the banking-words)
- I’m extremely very new in social media.
More pros than cons, so I will take the challenge in a PR Pret-a-Porter style. This means I won’t participate to the blogger’s competition (it kind of amazed me in not-a-good way what is happening on Twitter when you search #refinantare), but I will write about this viral campaign from time to time.
And my viral support looks like this:
Later edit, I discovered that creativity is not for everyone. After searching #refinantare on Twitter, all the bloggers used the same post as the author of Blogal Initiative, copied and than pasted. Amazing race is gonna be!